EOL, replaced by alix6f2.|
alix6e1 = 2 LAN / 1 miniPCI / 1 miniPCI Express / LX800 / 256 MB /
USB / single SIM socket
alix6e2 = 2 LAN / 1 miniPCI / 1 miniPCI Express / LX800 /
256 MB / USB / dual SIM socket
- CPU: 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800
- DRAM: 256 MB DDR DRAM
- Storage: CompactFlash socket
- Power: DC jack or passive POE, min. 7V to max. 20V
- Three front panel LEDs, pushbutton
- Expansion: 1 miniPCI slot, 1 miniPCI Express slot (USB only), LPC bus
- Connectivity: 2 Ethernet channels (Via VT6105M 10/100)
- I/O: DB9 serial port, dual USB port
- Board size: 6 x 6" (152.4 x 152.4 mm)
- Firmware: tinyBIOS
- 44 pin IDE, I2C bus, buzzer, RTC battery
- (alix6e2) Dual SIM sockets (switched by AC_BEEP GPIO signal).
|SIM socket ?
By itself the SIM socket does not do anything. You need a 3G modem in the
miniPCI express socket to get connectivity.|
|miniPCI express ?
This is a new standard for small size radio modules, using PCI Express
and USB 2.0 connectivity. On ALIX, only USB 2.0 connectivity is supported.
Some manufacturers of radio modules:
- Sierra Wireless
- wi-fi cards using PCI express will NOT work !
- Modem modules based on Qualcomm chipsets don't seem to work reliably
the AMD CS5536 USB controller - consider limiting to 12 Mb/s USB 1.1 mode.
Ericsson modules don't observe the reset signal, difficult to get a proper
reset on reboot.
|BIOS update note
Board ID has been changed, flash updater will look for alix5.bin .
Latest BIOS = v0.99j.|
|Changes from alix6b
- Change board ID to 5 (BIOS selection).
- Optional pin header for internal USB.
- Optional alternate location for SIM sockets.
- Integrate ECN.034 (SIM switch issue).
- Optional reset controlled by USBEN2.
- Change to normal LED routing (all LEDs controlled by software).
- Various changes to improve EMI margin.
|© 2002-2016 PC Engines GmbH. All rights reserved.|